Traditional Cheer Activities Overview
The following is an overview of traditional cheer activities the Boosters support and participate in. This is an overview only…activities may be added or deleted depending on Booster desires and or opportunity. Final dates are to be determined. Check www.marinerscheer.com for upcoming event information.
- The Strawberry Festival - Marching the parade at the Strawberry Festival- usually the Saturday prior to Memorial Day and is generally not mandatory
- The Fireworks Fundraiser - June 30th through July 4th. Parent participation is highly recommended. Parents are asked to cover 2 shifts for each cheerleader they have in the program.
- Pool Party Summer Bash- Usually takes place in July at a Booster Parents home…not mandatory just fun!
- Bonfire- Usually in July or Late August… and not mandatory but fun for all. Come join us for roasting marshmallows around a campfire at Bolsa Chica State Beach.
- Cheer camp - August 15th- July 18th. All teams will carpool to camp (Knotts Berry Farm) where they will spend four days getting intense training in cheerleading skills. It is a great experience for all of them.
- Cheer Clinic-A fundraiser-takes place during football season- we ask that all girls participate and we may need some parent participation. PHS Cheer invites girls from local elementary and middle schools to participate in learning how to cheer and each participant gets to cheer at that weeks football game with all squads. Cheer Clinic runs smoothly with all parents donating food/water items and a handful of parents on site at all times. Usually a 3 hour period each day for 4 days and a Varsity Football Game.
- Halloween Party-Not mandatory just fun for the girls
- Christmas Party-Not mandatory just fun for the girls
- Homecoming Games- this is mandatory- all squads cheer at the Varsity Football and Varsity Basketball homecoming games. Team Dinners are planned by each team mom for their own team.
- Picture Day-Mandatory Participation for the entire team. Hopefully we can schedule this for September to make the yearbook deadline. All girls from all teams travel to a designated destination to take team and individual pictures. Parents will be given the opportunity to order picture packages from the photographer.
- Competitions - Advisor and Coaches are to let us all know the parameters of the competition team.
- Garden Grove Little League Parade- not mandatory- in the spring the girls march in the parade.
- Banquet-Usually in April - Our big end of the year awards banquet- A semi formal event. All families are invited to join in an evening to acknowledge our teams and say thank you to our coaches and advisor and goodbye to our seniors.